There are no positions available at this time.
BATON ROUGE, LA
Environmental Management Services, Inc. (EMS), a full service environmental, health and safety consulting firm is seeking to fill three positions, Environmental Professional, Air Quality Compliance Specialist and Professional Engineer in our Baton Rouge, Louisiana office.
Qualifed candidates will have a BS in environmental engineering, science, biology or chemistry and experience with environmental regulations and compliance auditing. Minimum 5 years experience. CPEA or CHMM preferred. Some travel required.
Air Quality Compliance Specialist
Full or part-time opening for an experienced air quality compliance specialist. Qualified candidates will have a BS in a related technical discipline and have an excellent working knowledge of Louisiana air regulations and permitting. Environmental compliance audit experience a plus. Some travel required.
Qualified candidates will have a BS in environmental, chemical or civil engineering, and will be a PE, or immediately eligible for PE Certification. The successful applicant will be involved in soil and groundwater investigation/remediation, piping design, remediation system design, and property development projects. Some travel required.
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, personal growth potential, and a professional, yet comfortable work environment.
Please send resumes to our EMS Baton Rouge office via fax (225-751-5387), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail 12232 Industriplex Blvd., Suite 27, Baton Rouge, LA 70809.
EL DORADO, AR
LOCATION: EL DORADO, ARKANSAS
Work at the direction of the Operations Manager, project managers and EMS President to plan, direct, and coordinate El Dorado operations of the company. Communicate with senior management, project managers, clients and regulators to schedule project related tasks. Provide supervisory oversight for Arkansas operations including coordinating subcontractors, workers, materials, and equipment. Perform environmental sampling, spill response, site inspections, remediation system operation and maintenance, and similar activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
• General supervision of Arkansas based technicians including planning, assigning and directing work as well as overseeing performance.
• Perform functions related to soil and ground water sampling and remediation, spill response, gas pipeline inspection, remediation system operation and maintenance, and similar activities.
• Conduct thorough job hazard analysis for all activities and positions and ensure that all OSHA and company safety requirements are implemented.
• Ensure that employees and contractors develop and maintain a safe work environment.
• Ensure that all work meets company quality standards, including proper sampling techniques and preservation, documentation of field activities, and report preparation
• Ensure staff meets requirements for time and expense reporting and compliance with company policies.
• Responsible for basic administrative office functions including effective use and maintenance of company equipment.
• Monitor progress of projects, confers with project managers, and reviews field reports to see that development is progressing according to schedule and within budgetary guidelines.
• Communicates with company management on a regular basis. Works closely with the managers to establish long-range operating goals and project goals.
• Recommends measures to improve efficiencies in company business.
• Checks on reported difficulties and helps to correct safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
• Conduct field tests, obtain legally defensible data, and document field activities.
• Market company services and respond to inquiries from potential customers
1. Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental sciences, or physical sciences or equivalent/applicable experience. (Prefer a college degree and/or applicable military experience)
2. Three years’ experience in increasingly complex technical positions.
3. OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
6. Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and follow technical documents including state and federal regulations, work plans, safety requirements, and procedures.
7. Strong work ethic with the desire and ability to work long hours in demanding conditions.
8. Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
9. Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
10. Pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check.
Please send resumes to our EMS Baton Rouge office via fax (225-751-5387), email (ARjob@env-mgt.com) or mail 12232 Industriplex Blvd., Suite 27, Baton Rouge, LA 70809.